Tuesday, May 4, 2010

~ Water Painting~


I get so lonely,
lost in the crowd,
I want to scream,
but I make no sound.

I escape out to drift
to a place that no one knows,
where the endless river flows
I call it home.

I feel a rush
like a rolling bolt of thunder,
spinning my head around
and taking my body under.

I fall through the water,
shimmmering like daylight
when the sun is perched
at its highest peak.

My head is weak, my heart always speaks,
before I know what it will say.
What I’ve felt and what I’ve known
are lost in cinder and smoke.

Below the current
I paint my picture.
I watch me unravel,
as I drift away.

I’d like to make myself believe
but I know that nothing is as it seems
My faith walks on broken glass
and the mirror image never lasts.

Corresponding shapes,
like puzzle pieces from the clay
I watch as it loses form,
and falls away.

Far away, I'm breathing,
as if I were transparent
seeing through time and
sight through smell.

Eyes wide open, naked as we came,
In the sun I feel as one
Tabula rasa, empty and open,
every path leads me to nowhere.

0 comments: